Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a cost for using Korean Convenience?
No. Use of this app and website is free.
Do I have to sign up to use the app?
Yes, you have to sign up to search the database. Saving your account allows you to quickly find your favorite food products for future visits.
Do I have to enter my allergies?
While you do not have to enter your specific allergies to search for food products, the more information you enter, the more customized and detailed results you will receive. We particularly encourage you to enter the allergies on the back of packages when you share prepackaged products as that will benefit future users of the app with similar allergies as yours.
What if my allergy or dietary restriction isn’t listed?
If your allergy isn’t listed, please type in your restriction and perform a customized search.
Is Korean Convenience used by people with severe food allergies, mild to moderate sensitivities, or lifestyle choices? How can I trust the results?
When shoppers become registered users, they are asked to check off all the allergens contained on the prepackaged food products. We do not differentiate between food allergies, intolerances, or sensitivities, nor do we inquire if their dietary restrictions are lifestyle-based or related to other conditions. The cooking instructions and or description section of each review is a particularly helpful way to learn more about a consumer’s experience.
The results of my A – Z ingredient search isn’t returning the ingredient I’m seeing on my package. Why?
A few things could be causing this problem. Fortunately, they’re easy to solve.
1) Use common terms instead of a specific keyword i.e. JAM instead of FRUIT JAM.
2) Vary your word choice for the term you wish to search i.e. sugar, glucose, fructose, high-fructose corn syrup.
3) Type the food name in the ingredients directory search short and simple. Shrinking the search can solve this problem i.e. try using the first two to three letters of a food name.
I typed in the name of a convenience store on the search field, but it’s not coming up in the results. Why?
1) Double-check that you’ve entered the correct capital, street number and postal code.
2) The spelling has to be exactly the same as that in the Google database when entering a city’s name. Try entering a portion of the name and running the search again.
3) The app is updated regularly but not immediately. If this is a new convenience store, or if you believe it is simply missing, please search by district or nearest business location.
Am I guaranteed to have safe product recommendations on the Korean Convenience mobile app?
No. Korean Convenience is a guide, not a guarantee. Korean Convenience products have been added by food-allergic and dietary restrictive consumers, NOT food allergy experts. Mistakes can always be made and you should always bring your allergy medication, chef cards and carefully reach each package when purchasing and consuming products.
Can I access Korean Convenience on my mobile phone or tablet?
Yes. Korean Convenience is a FREE mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android which can be found in the iTunes store and Google Play.
How can I get an answer to a question not listed in the FAQ’s?
Please click Contact Us and we will respond to your question as quickly as possible.
How can I communicate a suggestion I have for your site?
We welcome any feedback positive or negative! Please click Contact Us and let us know what you think and how we can make Korean Convenience app or website more useful.